MMJ Zany Zucchini Lasagne Recipe
ZANY ZUCCHINI LASAGNE
2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise (about ¼ inch thick)
*Dab olive oil
½ lb ground meat (of choice)
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup onion, chopped
2 small tomatoes, cut up
1-6 oz can tomato paste
1 ½ tsp Italian blend seasoning
**1 tsp parsley
½ tsp pepper
¾ cup low fat cottage cheese (or ricotta)
½ cup mozzarella, shredded & divided
1. Pan fry zucchini in *olive oil until crisp & golden brown.
2. Brown meat, garlic, & onions until garlic & onions are tender; drain fat. Add the next five ingredients (**parsley) to meat & bring to a slow boil.
3. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
4. In a 1 ½ to 2 quart casserole dish spread ½ meat mixture. Layer ½ zucchini & next all of the cottage cheese. Sprinkle half mozzarella. Layer the rest of the meat mixture & then the rest of the zucchini.
5. Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle rest of mozzarella & bake 10 minutes more.
7. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
*to make medicated, use marijuana-infused olive oil
**to make medicated, replace parsley with a savory marijuana bud, ground